November 7, 1998

Q&A: Resources For Male Rape Victims

Q&A about local Bloomington resources for male sexual assault victims.

Print More

Question: Where can a male victim of rape go for counseling or help in general?

In Bloomington, Indiana Middle Way House provides 24 hour support victims of rape, whether they’re male or female. They also have a list of therapists in the area who are comfortable working with male rape victims. Because of the special stigma attached to male rape, the victim may want to get a copy of the handout, “How men react to rape,” available from Middle Way. Their 24 hour crisis number is: (812) 336-0846.

At Indiana University, the Sexual Assault Crisis Service at 855-8900 has a male survivors support group for students, faculty and staff at Indiana University.

If you are not at Indiana University, or you live outside the Bloomington Indiana area, and you or someone you know has been a victim of male on male sexual assault, you can contact the RAINN Hotline at: 800-656-HOPE to locate counseling, therapy and support groups in your area.

Comments are closed.