I apologize in advance for being a lazy blogger. Eric churns out these amazing commentaries on sexuality and society. I guess that leaves the interesting and random sex links and blogs to me! Here are some interesting websites and articles I’ve found or read over the last few weeks (in reverse Google Reader order). Enjoy!
- A Vagtastic Voyage Through Etsy from Bitch Blogs by Sara Reihani – you’ve probably seen the link to these vulva-themed Etsy offerings floating around the Internet, but Sara from Bitch Blogs has an amazing assortment of cisfemale body part crafts. There are definitely funny and shocking items but I think the classy pendant at the bottom is my favorite.
- Stop The Presses: HPV Vaccine Won’t Turn Teens Into Sluts [The Kids Are Alright] from Jezebel by Intern Katy – not a blog, per se – just a link itself. I just want to highlight why having Jezebel on my Google Reader feed often makes my day happier thanks to a humorous headline about a serious subject.
- Do You Suffer From Restless Vagina Syndrome? [Sexual Healing] from Jezebel by Kate Harding – I have to admit my huge brain crush on Kate Harding for her work at both Jezebel and Shapely Prose (her personal blog which focuses more on Fat/Size Acceptance topics). Here, Kate discusses how a very real disorder (Female Sexual Dysfunction) morphs into a “epidemic” thanks to pharmaceutical industry marketing to insecurities around sexuality.
- 10 Ways to Observe Pornography Awareness Week from Dr. Marty Klein – I’m a little (okay, a lot) late on this one since the “observance week” was the last week of October but Dr. Klein still make some valid (and funny) points about pornography and free speech.
- In relation to our post on Wednesday about Sins Invalid – Sex and Disability Conference from About.com Sexuality – a great list of sexuality and disability blogs and resources.
- Early to Rise: Sex Toys for Smart Guys (and Everyone Else) from Bitch Blogs by Kelsey Wallace – Great news for those guys out there who already love sex toys and for those who will shortly love them once they discover this great store in Chicago – a “sister” store for the legendary Early to Bed.
- And another from About.com: How Sex Could Save Newspapers from About.com Sexuality
- SCOTUS To Decide The Fate Of “S&M Svengali” [Crime & Punishment] from Jezebel by Latoya Peterson – SCOTUS (Supreme Court of the United States) will hear a case next year about the sentencing of a man who was convicted of “sexual abuse, physical mutilation and psychological humiliation” of “his sex slave.” This seems like it will basically be putting BDSM on trial and once again peering into safe, sane and consensual sexual activities between two adults. I could be wrong. We’ll just have to wait and see.
- Persistent Genital Arousal Disorder: Way Worse Than It Sounds [Orgasm Overload] from Jezebel by Anna N. – PGAD is something that may sound fun in theory but is actually quite painful and traumatizing.