Many young women and men – at some time or another – wonder if they are ready to have sex. And it’s not just a one-time thought!
Even when two people decide to be sexual together, they may have second thoughts about whether to have sex another time. Then there’s the issue of finding a new partner. Even people who have been sexually active for years often ask themselves, when dating a new person, whether this is someone they want to be sexual with, or when they want to be sexual with that person (or how).
There are several web sites that have covered this topic – here are a few that suggest questions you can ask yourself to help you learn more about your sexual values, expectations and readiness to be sexual with another person:
- Having Sex For The First Time (via Avert)
- Are You Ready for Sex (from Cool Nurse)
- Am I Ready? (from Teenwire)
- Are You Ready to Have Sex With Another Man? (from the About.Com Guide to Gay Life)
- Sex: Making the Right Decision (from FamilyDoctor; includes information for those who have already had sex)
If you have questions about sexuality or relationships, please contact us!